Try this Asian inspired dish to create a burst of flavours, incorporating protein, fats and carbs for a balanced delicious meal.
- 400g flank / skirt beef sliced
- ½ red chili (deseeded)
- 1 garlic clove- crushed
- 1in piece fresh ginger
- 2 Spring onions
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice
- 200g black bean spaghetti or coconut rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil or sesame oil
- 30 g Cashew nuts – lightly roasted
- 120g pack tenderstem broccoli
- 20g sesame seeds
- Mix the soy sauce and Chinese five spice with a pinch of black pepper. Add the beef & coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until browned. Remove beef & set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and cashews; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the oyster sauce and 50ml (2fl oz) water. Bring to the boil, add the broccoli, then cover and cook for 3 minutes more.
- At the same time, cook noodles in boiling water until al-dente (around 3 minutes) or microwave rice as per instructions.
- Return the beef to the pan to warm through. Add the lime juice and spring onions. Sprinkle ober sesame seed and serve with and rice / noodles.
- Calories: 736g
- Carbs: 38g
- Protein: 80g
- Fats: 33g
Contributor: FlexiLean Fitness